Who knew you'd rock my world 11 years ago and never stop?
That you'd skip and jump and stomp and yell right into my heart and tie it up in a knot forever.
That your smile would infect every inch of our home and I'd seek it like the sunshine every morning.
That even at your worst, I'd love you more than myself.
Your strength holds me up, Camden, when I'm too tired to move.
When I'm too grieved to smile, I find hope in your living.
How did I ever live without those blue eyes that sparkle even when they cry? They actually twinkle, did you know that?
Do you remember the game we used to play? How you'd say, "I love you," and I'd say, "I love you to the moon and back," and you'd say, "I love you to infinity," and I'd say, "I love you to infinity and back," and you'd say, "I love you more than that," and I'd say, "You win." But really, I was the winner because I had you.
I love you, Camden. I love your Godly spirit, your wit, your zest and your spark. Your creativity and your drive. Your determination and your wonder. Your innocence. Your dimples. Your heart. I love you and everything you are.
Love you more than that,
Mom
And now a word from our sponsor, Geico.
I've almost completely forgotten my gratitudes!!!
31: Camden's 11th birthday
32: Snow day today!
33: Snow day tomorrow!
34: Somewhere around 24 inches of snow!
35: the absolute quiet of a snowy day
36: talking to a friend for a minute today (Hi, Francie!)
37: talking to a friend for a few minutes last night (Hi Leslie!)
38: listening to Benjy read me a story
39: helping Camden clean his room just to be nice
40: Going for a four-wheel drive with Curt and the boys just because we could
Camden, 4WD and snow ROCK!
ReplyDeleteWendi, your writing amazes me. You have a best seller in there somewhere, I just know it. It's so hard to believe Camden is a 11 today, isn't it? Loved you and Curt allowed me to share that moment with you and spend time at home with you guys. He's one of a kind that grandson of mine. And he's blessed with the best parents ever.
ReplyDeleteYour post made me all teary-eyed, Wendi! I feel the same about my boys. I can hardly breathe sometimes because all the love I have for them overflows my heart and squishes my lungs. At least that's how it feels!
ReplyDelete