Thursday, May 01, 2008

This was one of those days when I could not decide what to wear. Now, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter one iota what I choose to where. Unless it's chapel day. Then it matters a little bit. But for the most part, I really shouldn't care. Except that I'm in the midst of Tae Kwondo-ing my butt off and trying my darndest to lose the 10 pounds I've managed to paste onto my tum and hips since I began working at my school. 

So instead of being stinking cute when I skip to school in the morning, I'm breathless and almost late. Not really late because I am way too OC for that to happen. But I am late by my standards. The kind of late where I trip over Camden and Benjy on the way into my classroom, turn on my computer, input my top secret code, put my V8 and yogurt in the minifridge, stuff my bag under my desk, remind the boys to behave or beware, grab my journal and a pen, then head for the door, turn around and grab my coffee, and finally hightail it to the office for staff devotions. Only then do I sit. 

Wait a minute, you say. That's not being late. Well, I didn't sit down in my comfy blue spinny chair. And I didn't check my lesson plans to even see what on earth I was teaching the youngins today. So it's uncomfortably on time at best.

Today was the National Day of Prayer so the entire school met up at the church parking lot this morning for our opening pledges and prayer. It was cold as kraut, and the rain was nearly upon is. But the spirit of God was there. We stood in a giant circle and had an open-mike prayer time. Seriously, we had a mike. This parking lot is at an intersection and the traffic in the morning can be noisy, so the mike is a necessity. We're a tiny school, but we have a mike. Cool, huh? Children were invited to step up and offer prayers of praise or request as the Holy Spirit prompted them. Camden went twice. Once to pray for a friend who is rude to her parents. Once for Nanna and Grandaddy "who are under stress after my Aunt Shell died. I pray for them to be on top of their stress." Sweet boy. And don't ya know that God answered that prayer lickety-split? We learned early today that Dad's last body scan showed NO CANCER. Praise God! That's exactly what I said when Dad told me! And that's what he said when Mom told him! Praise God. Now, isn't that just the coolest thing to happen on the National Day of Prayer? 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Wendy,
    It's Emily and the monkey's I call Courtney, Jacob, and Zachery. Say hi guys. HI!!!! Here is the email address happelracing@yahoo.com
    I will send some pictures very soon when I get around to either developing and then scanning them or downloading them from the camera. Don't hold your breath, I am terrible about pictures just ask my "mother in law". HA HA Hope to hear from you guys soon
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so right. The last picture I have of Jacob is when he was 2 and get this.......none of Zach except for the ones I have taken.

    I just do my own pictures now.

    ReplyDelete