Shortly after Michelle returned from her vacation with Brian, she sent me a link to her Kodak Gallery and all 1104 pictures on it. Bless her heart, she never did figure out how to upload her pictures to individual albums or even how to eliminate doubles. No matter, this seems to be a lasting gift from her that I turn to more nights than not. One of my favorite shots is this one of our family snapped in Virginia last fall when we all gathered for our cousin Tonya's wedding. (Have I mentioned that she was the most gorgeous bride, like a fairy tale princess???) Anyway, I find it impossible to believe that this is the last family photograph we'll have. I catch myself wondering what we would have done differently had we known then that Shell wouldn't be with us into the summer. Then I remember that we didn't know, and so we cannot beat ourselves up and wish "if only." As I tell my firsties at school, I don't play the "what if" game. (Do you know how sidetracked that will get you? It's an incredible tool for kids who would rather build towers with the snap cubes than count them.) So I try to keep my own advice and be grateful for the memories I do have. And they're good. Even the one where my baby sister tricked me into the toybox and slammed the lid shut. "What if you sat in the box and I handed you the toys and you put them back in," she asked. Yeah, what if.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Shortly after Michelle returned from her vacation with Brian, she sent me a link to her Kodak Gallery and all 1104 pictures on it. Bless her heart, she never did figure out how to upload her pictures to individual albums or even how to eliminate doubles. No matter, this seems to be a lasting gift from her that I turn to more nights than not. One of my favorite shots is this one of our family snapped in Virginia last fall when we all gathered for our cousin Tonya's wedding. (Have I mentioned that she was the most gorgeous bride, like a fairy tale princess???) Anyway, I find it impossible to believe that this is the last family photograph we'll have. I catch myself wondering what we would have done differently had we known then that Shell wouldn't be with us into the summer. Then I remember that we didn't know, and so we cannot beat ourselves up and wish "if only." As I tell my firsties at school, I don't play the "what if" game. (Do you know how sidetracked that will get you? It's an incredible tool for kids who would rather build towers with the snap cubes than count them.) So I try to keep my own advice and be grateful for the memories I do have. And they're good. Even the one where my baby sister tricked me into the toybox and slammed the lid shut. "What if you sat in the box and I handed you the toys and you put them back in," she asked. Yeah, what if.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment