Lying in bed last night, saying my prayers, I remembered more angels.
* Joel: my mother-in-law. She also drove in for the funeral. One of the things Joel does best is simply to be there. And she was. Thank you.
* Phyllis and her daughters, Kim and Karen: They came to town, too - for the first time since they moved back when Kim and I were in high school together. Kim, Karen, Michelle and I were inseparable friends growing up, playing tag and school, jumping rope and exploring the woods (which my boys now call "the forest"). Seeing them was just like taking a time machine to the past. Such easy relationships are a blessing for sure.
* Friends of Shell's from Florida: People I'd never met but have heard of over the years came to our tiny hometown to celebrate her life and mourn her loss. I remember Tommy, one of her dearest friends. And Dwayne. Dave and Matt. Nancy. Their presence was a huge comfort, knowing that she touched so many people blessed my heart.
* Brian: Michelle's husband. This man was perfectly suited for my sister. He radiates kindness, joy, and love. And at the lowest of possible moments in life, he continued to shine, a reflection of Michelle's life. Now that's love.
No comments:
Post a Comment