Sunday, April 20, 2008


I lost my sister last week.
I also lost my dearest friend.
Michelle and I were as different as day and night, as unlikely to be friends as the high school jock and the nerd. 
But we were linked forever by the bond of sisterhood. And thank God, for that made us the most special kind of friends. Sisters.
It's still impossible to believe that my sister isn't here anymore. 
It gives me peace to know that her relationship with Jesus landed here in a new room up in heaven. (See John 14....it's all there.)
Camden says Aunt Shell is sitting on a nice rock up there with Uncle Mitchell, Ellie dog, and the two guppies. The guppies are in a fish bowl. I believe they still need water, even in heaven. 
I'd like to write about some of the memories I have of my sister and me growing up. Yes, we had our moments of disagreement. Our moments even of absolutely despising the other. But in the end, we always managed to find each other on the same side. The side sisters and friends will always come back to. 
We shared a bond of love, friendship, trust, and loyalty.
I love you, Shell.
I miss you.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what sister love is, but I saw it shine through you and Michelle. The best and most miraculous thing I ever did was giving birth to two daughters, each different, each perfect in their Mother's eyes. I love you, sweetie. Mom

    ReplyDelete