Happy Mother's Day to all the moms!
My day was spent scrapbooking. I consider that being spoiled rotten, by the way.
I was so freakin' creative today that I completed not one, not two, but a whopping three (3) (TRES) projects! I only took pictures of two (2) (DOS) of them, though. I'm not that with-it.
I finished a rag ribbon garland and hung it in the bathroom above the tiny square window. This came right from The Nester. She has the most amazing blog. I check it every night feeling like I'm seriously missing out on some sort of home improvement idea that I could totally do myself. I did make my window mistreatments with a hot glue gun and her advice, afterall. I had the rag thing done last week, after a night of tying and tying and tying and TYING strips of rags, but I added some butterfly and flower chipboard pieces to it to jazz it up a bit. These I had made a month ago, but had forgotten all about until I opened my scrap closet and voila, there they were! The chipboard pieces even had some cool vintage glitter stuff on them. I'll have to take a picture tomorrow because this is just way too hard to explain at this late hour.
I also put together a banner from my last Jenny Bowlin Studios project kit. I just love these kits. She has the most awesome combinations of vintage junque (don't you love that? JUNQUE???) and cool new product. The banner starts with a pic of me and Mom when I was but a wee babe. Then there is a pic of me and Curt and Ellie way before we ever wanted bambinos of our own, followed by a pic of Camden playing peekaboo with Michelle's Time Out Doll in Florida, a picture of our little family shot at Red Robin here in Greensburg, a picture of Benjy with a fish he caught with his bare hands at the Outer Banks, and ending with a shot of me and Dad when I was a baby again. Not quite chronological, but I thought the beginning and ending being the same was a nice artsy touch.
The big tada was a minibook on brotherhood. Camden and Benjy's specifically. These two amaze me. I've been a mother, a mommy, a mom, a ma'am (on occasion) for nine years now. As I worked on these pages today, I was so taken aback by the play going on between these two. While they are a fresh 5 and aged 8 in age, they play like best friends. Like peers. Camden and Benjy built this amazingly complex playset for their McDonald's Happy Meals Speedracer cars. They had intricate rules over where they cars could eat and entertain and race and celebrate. And they used these amazing voices to portray the different characters they were acting out. So natural. So free. I feel sure Shell and I used to do that with our Barbies.
(this makes me wonder...of all the money real toys cost, the Star Wars collections, the light sabers, the videos, the costumes, how is it that a Happy Meal toy could generate so much play for pennies???)
Listening to these two made me so happy. So proud to be their momma. I love my boys, and I couldn't imagine not having them in my life. Thanks for making me a Mother, Camden and Benjy. I love you both. I love you more than that.
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment