Saturday, April 01, 2006

Ode to Daddy




We're now home for Dad's retirement weekend. Last night there was a special dinner in his honor in Coeburn. We celebrated, appropriately enough, at the Celebrate restaurant on Front Street - great rolls, gotta love them!

Dad was honored for his 30 years as the town manager of this small town. I'm so proud of him. I can't tell you how happy I was sitting there listening to people say such kind and wonderful things about my dad. I remember when he got that job. I remember how every May he studied the budget for HOURS. I remember how he hated snow because he knew his men had to go out in their snow plows to clear the streets. Often he'd go out to help them. He believed in rolling up his sleeves, getting dirty, and getting the work done. Yes, I'm proud of him.

Here's to you, Dad. Love you!

1 comment:

  1. How sweet. It was fun, a little bitter sweet for him, I think. Now, on to bigger, better things!! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete