This morning, Palm Sunday, we heard the Passion of Jesus Christ. Wow, I've know this story all my life, but this morning it really came to life for me. I sat in my pew, near the back where we always sit, listening, participating, living it in my mind's eye. Jesus died for ME, for my family, for all of us - the lovely and the cruel. He did it for all of us. He asked God to get him out of it, but in the end he surrendered to God's will. So perfect. So sinless. So obedient. Wow. What can you say to that? I nearly cried, it hit me that hard.

If Tiger Woods couldn't win the Masters in Augusta today, then at least my second favorite did. Phil Mickelson won his second green jacket. Too bad I not only missed Tiger's play, but also Phil's. After church we ate Italian (well, all of us except for Benjamin who just put salt, pepper, and cheese on his pizza then gave it to his daddy). Then we drove around, exploring the windy, hilly roads in our county. As we drove through other neighborhoods, we realized we were living in the one that was just right for us. By the time we were back in Greensburg, Benjy was sound asleep. A quick stop at Home Depot for hardwood flooring (yeah! for the dining room!!!!!!!!) and then we headed home. I nearly napped, but laziness just didn't seem right when Curt was mowing the back yard and the boys were out back playing. So I headed to Gabe's where I found a cute patterned skirt, polo shirt in the perfect shade or orange to match, plastic ducky placemats, and the cutest surfer boy comforter for Camden's bottom bunk bed. Even came with a matching sham, not that 6 year olds care. :)
OK, so the point is, while all this was going on, I totally missed the Masters. Bummer. First time in 6 years I've missed it. Oh well, I've got a new outfit to show for it. And it's not a green jacket.
No comments:
Post a Comment