Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pondering from the Porch

Why don't people sit on their porches anymore?



This was my view today as I read my new library book, which I think I've read before, but I'm not sure. I won't know for true till I get to the end. 






As I read, the book propped on my lap, my feet on the vinyl railing, (why don't they make wooden railings anymore?) my heart picked up a a bit realizing that on Saturday these tootsies will be buried in sand. I should redo my toenails before we leave. For my sandy toes picture.




Curt came home today with a surprise extra day off. Our travel plans have been adjusted accordingly: We'll head home (Virginia will always be home) on Thursday and stay till Saturday morning. Then we'll do the 8-hour drive over Roanoke Island (NC, not VA) and hit Hatteras Island in mid-afternoon. An added bonus to going home: Ein gets to go to Curt's mom's house. She (Curt's mom) is so excited! Ein will be, too. He may not want to come back. Come to think of it, Maxx never came back after his mom watched him.... (Why don't cats want to come live with us after going to visit Curt's mom?)

1 comment:

  1. Your photo of tootsies on the railing reminded me of one I took last year on a trip to a lake in BC, Canada. Wouldn't that be a great collection of "wish you were here" cards? Tootsies on railings all around the world. Enjoy home!

    ReplyDelete