Monday, July 16, 2012

I've been living through other people

I've not been blogging, so I must have been reading, and currently I'm averaging about 2 books a week.    Here's where I've been, so to speak.
Frank releases a new book each summer, just in time for school to shut down. This one was worth the year-long wait, and it was my first read of summer break. Loved the dip in the Low Country, the love of family, and the salt in the air.


v
Mom loaned me this one since I'd not read it yet. More of the same sunshine and sea with instantly likable characters and a nice little romance to boot.

I finished this one on the train and let me tell you how  this educator psyches me up for school. But not so much that I'm ready to go back now. I have more to read.

I'm half-way through this other Clark book. Still uber  inspired, but not ready to say goodbye to summer yet.

I'd forgotten all about the guilty pleasure Stephanie Plum/Bounty Hunter books I used to love. I found this at the library and snatched it up. Hilarious and an easy, fun read.

So of course I had to grab this one at the library when I went back. It's just as fun, and now I'm all caught up. Wonder what she'll call #19.

I'm almost done with this one - the book of our church small group  this summer. Love the way Furtick writes, like we're hanging out together on the back deck. Only I can pause him and get up to go to the bathroom if necessary and come back and pick right up. 

Mom told me she loved this Siddons book, so I borrowed it from her. I made it through all 600 pages, but I didn't love it. I liked it. I loved the Southerness of it. But I thought the book was a little weird. Nothing like....

... this book. I grabbed this at the library and loved it, especially since we go to OBX every summer. Siddons nails description and reminds me a bit of Pat Conroy (when, oh when, will he write me another book???). This one provided a bit of mystery, too.

This is on my night table to read next. Camden read it in 2 days and loved it. I know I will, too. Basically, I'm told anybody with a heart should read this book. :)

Also up for next week - this one recommended by my friend Jodie. 

And this one to finish - a Virgil Flowers mystery.
To hold me over till the latest Lucas Davenport is available at the library.

4 comments:

  1. Wendi your reading list is making me feel a bit lazy...maybe I should pay my library overdue fees and get back to it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, don't be silly. I've never been a trend setter! lol

      Delete
  2. I'll have to look up Frank's books. I wait every year for Louise Penny's new release - it's coming out in August and I can hardly wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm looking up Louise Penny's books! I need something new in my library! :)

      Delete