Sunday, January 22, 2012

This morning the roads in my hood were slippery slidey with yesterday's snowfall, so the boys and I hunkered down and stayed in our pajamas all morning long. Curt had to set up at church, so he was long gone before we'd even opened our eyes. Since I missed church, I huddled in bed under the covers and worked on my Bible study for school. There was a lot of reading, underlining, praying, thinking. And the sheer exhaustion of grasping how much God loves us. How much the Father loves me. 

Last Sunday's message prompted me to renew my commitment to count my blessings, all the little gifts that happen every day, all the God winks that make my life on earth worth the struggle.

#1  the smell of homemade chicken pot pie - sans the peas - in the oven

#2  sunshine glistening on the snowy roads

#3  Camden and Benjy's foot prints tracked all over the back yard, proof of yesterday's fort building expedition

#4  Benjy dancing to a tune from a Christmas in Madagascar episode

#5  Flower Patch Farmgirl's blog, and her heart.

#6  Sophie the hamster bumping into the walls as she rolls around in her ball

#7  pajamas. all day.


#9  A new book to get into set in North Korea

#10  freedom to sing out loud if I want to, to pray and wash dishes and watch The Closer and read and sleep and dream

No comments:

Post a Comment