Apparently, I did not make it a new year's resolution to post here at the blog every day in 2012. Or January. Or this week.
I, quite on purpose in fact, didn't make any new year's resolutions this year at all.
Not a one.
Instead, spurred by Pastor Bill's message
to consider goals for the new year instead of little checks we can make on a list, I considered some goal-worthy possibilities for 2012 couched as attainable dreams.
to consider goals for the new year instead of little checks we can make on a list, I considered some goal-worthy possibilities for 2012 couched as attainable dreams.
I have only three. Three's a good number. It's my favorite.
I dream of playing Scrabble and Stratego and even Angry Birds (well, doing anything) with my boys.
I dream of date nights with my husband.
I dream of quiet time when I can connect with my Father in heaven.
All of these are really huger than they appear. If I'm going to play games or read books with my kids, I need to be on the computer less. If I'm going to go on dates with my husband, I'll have to make an effort to find a sitter. If I'm going to be with God, I'll have to put my book down, or wake up from my nap, or put my computer down.
I have a lot of time wasters in my life. Joy stealers. Robbers of dreams. Sure, computers and naps and books are not bad. No way.
But too much of a good thing....
Well, you know.
But too much of a good thing....
Well, you know.

No comments:
Post a Comment