Just one of the fringe benefits of teaching in the same school as my children. Carnegie Museum of Natural History field trip. Did I ever tell you how much I don't do field trips?
I don't. At least, I don't prefer them. I'd rather stay behind with the problem children who don't get to go. But we don't have any problem children. Really. Seriously. So, I went. And I actually had fun.
My 1st graders were well taken care of, thanks to their chaperones. :) So I was free to float among them and even spend a few moments with my own personal children. I loved that. And after counting my students three times on the bus before we left - just to be sure, I plopped down on my bus seat and talked to my neighbor (love ya, Mrs. Kuhns!) all the way home. And then I took a serious nap. Really. I know you find that hard to believe.
1. The last band I saw live was Michael Bolton. ick.
2. What I look forward to most on Thanksgiving is seeing Mom and Dad and coming home to put up the Christmas decorations and having that following Monday off from school and sleeping a lot.
3. My Christmas shopping is going to be all handmade if I can help it. No worries; I won't be the one making it. But I am eager to get on etsy.com and see what goodies I can find for my peeps! (Walmart, I HATE you.)
4. Thoughts of the freezing-one's-butt-off-holiday-parade fill my head. Don't be surprised if Benjy and I are a no-show. He and I have already secretly discussed the distinct possibility of sipping hot cocoa by a roaring TV playing Star Wars.
5. I wish I could wear the pants I used to be able to wear.
6. Bagpipes are weird.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching an episode of Lost, tomorrow my plans include skipping the parade and going to a new church (Cornerstone) with our friends, the Pouliches, and Sunday, I want to make stuff!
Looks like they really had fun!
ReplyDelete