Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I've waited for, oh, around 426 days for Pioneer Woman to post her next installment of Black Heels to Tractor Wheels, the story of her romance with Marlboro Man. And she finally posted it here. Only, it just leaves me wanting MORE!!!!! Thanks, Pioneer Woman. Now I have to sit on my laurels and be patient. I'm so not good at being patient. Not that anyone I know would notice.

We're heading south tomorrow to Virginia. I'll go to Mom and Dad's while Eaglescout, Mini Ealescout, and Yoda Channeling Benjy hang with the Richerts in Big Lick. Yes, the town actually used to be called "Big Lick." I could not make this stuff up. I'm so eager to be with Daddy. He's still in the hospital. In the ICU. He's safe there, and his doctors are impressed with his progress. I have a dry erase board with colorful markers to take to him since he's lost his voice. But I just KNOW he can learn to talk again, some how, some way. Dad's not a flowers kind of guy.



I'm so ready to have some time to work on my binder for Jessica Sprague's Stories in Hand online class. It won't be hours upon hours of creative bliss, but an extra hour in the mornings will go a long way in getting me on my way to finding the small stories I want to tell but don't even know it yet. Does that make any sense at all???

And now, since the election is over, I thought you would enjoy a little conciliatory speech from Jimmy:




Well, actually, Jimmy's watching Law & Order SVU. So, you'll have to make do with this.



These are the lyrics to my latest fave tune - Lately from David Gray.
You can make one of these at wordle.
I'm sure I'll be making more of these wonderwordsmiths. 

1 comment: