Thursday, October 05, 2006

The strike is over. Camden and 6600 other students in his district returned to school today. The upside - he loved it. The downside - he has a spelling test tomorrow. The upside again - he knows his words.
Here are a few more things I'm thankful for:

* Gobs - for the uninitiated, a "gob" is a cookie-sized cake bottom and cake top sandwiched around yummy icing. I've never heard of them till this week when Carri brought one into me. YUM!!! The one I had was not chocolate, but more pumpkin-y. I gotta learn how to make these. :) (Darn, I wish I had a picture!!!)
* I got my hair cut - walked into Fantastic Sam's and didn't even have time to sit down before they called me. I love the cut.
* Little prayers count - I'd been feeling a bit down because I haven't had my quality quiet time to pray and think since school started. And then I realized that God hears our quick prayers, too, and He knows our hearts. So, sometimes that's good enough.
* My birthday has come and gone and I feel just the same inside and out. I'm a year older, they say. But I'm really just a day older than yesterday and even younger than next week. So there! (Still, glad my Avon came today.)
* Mom, Dad, Michelle, Brandee, and Hokie. I miss them. And I am thankful for them. I could have been born into any family, but God picked them for ME.

1 comment: