Thursday, September 07, 2006
Mom and Benjy at play
The cool thing about having Benjy at my school for two days a week for preschool: I get to sneak kisses and hugs when we pass each other. It's not often, but today we had Wet and Wild Field Day for the afternoon - preschoolers through the 6th graders. Benjy was on a team of mixed ages, the youngest of 10 kids. I was with his group, so I got to watch him interact with the other kids. One fifth grader just latched right on to him, holding his hand, teaching him the water games, letting Benjy take his place, and encouraging Benjy to SOAK him every chance he got. Benjy was absolutely precious. Six months ago, I would never have believed he would be communicating in such a fun and animated way. But he was! Totally into all the attention he got as the baby of the group. He even hammed it up some, showing off and relishing his role as the star. What a blessing that I got to see that. What a blessing that God put me at this wonderful, awesome place. My school is my mission. It's right where I belong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sweet! Mom
ReplyDelete