
Camden's decided he's not ready to part with his gigantic collection of Rescue Heroes after all. Yesterday he dragged nearly every action figure, vehicle, animal, backpack, and accessory to the side yard. I swear, it looked like Fisher Price exploded. Of course, I got to help put it all back in the garage. After having the night to consider the mess of toys, he told me this morning that he still wants them. Scrapped are the plans to sell them on ebay. (Much to my relief, actually.) So today, while he was at karate earning a High Five for his knife hand strike, I lugged his toys back up to his room, set up the command centers (he only has THREE!!!), made space for the huge Rubbermaid box filled with the heroes and their baggage in his closet, and surprised him with the whole set-up. It was kind of like Christmas.
I'm really quite happy he's holding on to these guys. The've been with us since he was three years old. It's nice to know that he's not outgrowing his boyhood so quickly.
On another note, he was in class with me again today. Another wonderful day for me to share my classroom with my son. He is a smart little boy, but it is a bit trying to separate Mom from Teacher mode. No news yet as to tomorrow. I'm actually hoping he'll come with me so he can go to Chapel with us, as we do every Tuesday. I think he'd really enjoy that.
It's so sweet to watch them hang on to childhood while trying to be grownup too. He's such a super young fella! Love ya, Mom
ReplyDelete