
That Camden. This was shot at his birthday party. He wouldn't reveal his wish. I'm sure it had to do with Star Wars or something equally boyish.
Camden, my first-born. He looks so big. Sometimes I cannot believe he is mine. It seems like just yesterday I was watching my first ultrasound of him, a wiggling, squiggling little blob. He's still wiggling and squiggling, but he's no blob. He's a fully developed 6-year-old who is finding his place in the world. He can read, write, and solve the problem of world peace. ("No more bad guys!") He's my Camden. He has his father's chin/jaw and my temper. He kissed a girl goodbye tonight after karate. So young and yet so convinced he's going to marry her. He is so confident and proud of his accomplishments. A real schmoozer if ever there was one. My "baby Camden", as we used to call him. My "punkin head".
My Camden has grown before my eyes. He's interested in new things now, not the things of his younger brother. He's even managed to teach Benjy that Little People and Hot Wheels are for babies. No, he's into all things Darth Vader, space, and planets. Volcanoes, tornadoes, and earthquakes. Heaven, hell (yes, hell), and angels. Camden is curious beyond imagination. I answer more questions every day than Google.com, I feel. He demands answers. He expects feedback. And I'm happy to oblige, even when I'm tired, without the strength for thoughts or speech. I'll find a way to answer him. It is my goal to never deprive his thirst for more information. He deserves the time to ponder the things that interest him. To dwell on the big ideas of his life. To offer up solutions to our dilemmas. "A child shall lead them...." No, he's not Jesus. But he's important just because he belongs to Him. He's Camden. He's mine. And he's his own. He's Camden.
And his Nanna feels the same way. I miss him so. Love ya, Mom
ReplyDeleteBeautifully written. You are such a good mommy. :D
ReplyDelete