Friday, February 24, 2006

Sooooo long since my last entry


I cannot believe I've forgotten about my BLOG! No good excuses. :(

The family is strong, however. In spite of a recent bout of stomach flu, ear infections, and general winter boredom. It's just too cold to play outside, and there's no snow to make it interesting.

I'm so excited about the possibility of getting my Doctorate of Education. Indiana University of Pennsylvania has a DEd program that meets off-campus starting again in the fall of 2007. The program is specifically tailored toward teaching future teachers on the college level, and that's exactly what I want to do. I can be thinking and praying and putting my application together for the next year, and then we'll see. I believe this is what I want. We'll see what God thinks of this idea. :)

Benjy has had an explosion of speech! He's putting some ending sounds on some of his words: bus, house, please. I could cry thinking about how far he has come in just the past month. I couldn't be more proud of him. I can tell he's proud of himself. When I tell respond to his speech, he seems to stand six inches taller. He's proud, too. I can tell.

Camden is READING!!! This child, who a year ago couldn't care less about written language, is reading!!! There's nothing like watching your child learn to read, reading with him, and watching in amazement as he decodes tricky words. Amazing. Truly, the gift of reading is one of the greatest there is.

Tomorrow we're off to the Carnegie Museum of Natural History to see the dinosaur exhibit. The kids are so excited. I'm going to take my new camera and HOPEFULLY get some great shots. The museum has this great dinosaur dig where kids put on safety goggles and chisel away at dino bones. The last time we went Benjy would have nothing to do with it (6 months ago). But now he says he's ready to wear the glasses and dig away. We'll see. Meanwhile, Camden would dig for hours if we'd let him. I just can't wait to see them so spellbound by the giant skeletons. Dinosaurs never lose their mystical hold on us. So huge, so alien, so REAL.

No comments:

Post a Comment