
There's no way in the world you can live here, an hour east of Pittsburgh, and not be PSYCHED about the Steelers playing in the Super Bowl tomorrow. For a solid week I've worn the black and gold to work with jeans. Only during Super Bowl week would we be granted the privilege of wearing jeans to work all week long. Only during the Super Bowl would I see hundreds and hundreds of people around town proudly wearing their black and gold necklaces, hats, shirts, jackets, HAIR. Only during the Super Bowl would I hear the beat of Steelers tunes on the regional radio stations. One of my favorite songs is this little number from Mr. Devious: Polamalu Song. Be sure you click on the Polamalu (spelled Pohlamahlu on this site) tune to hear it. It's so freakin' funny!
OK, so it's obvious what we'll be up to tomorrow night. The boys, Curt, and I will all be decked out in favorite Steelers Tees, sipping our favorite beverages (Carnation Instant Breakfast chocolate milk for the boys...gotta sneak those nutrients in where you can!), and tuned into the Big Game. This will be the very first time I've watched the super bowl for something other than the commercials. I cannot tell you how excited I am! Win or lose, it's been a wild ride here in the Pittsburgh region. What a place to be!
What happened to my daughter who knew nothing about football, and really didn't want to know?? Go Steelers! Love, Mom
ReplyDelete