Wednesday, February 01, 2006

fefe bi du

"Fefe bi du!"

So Benjy tells me every day. I have no trouble understanding this one. He started saying it one night as he, Camden and I were watching Madagascar. There's this one part where the alligator gobbles up the duck. Well, that was a shocking sight for Benjy. He immediately started talking about it. "Fefe" he would say. That means "alligator". "Bi" that means "bit". "Du". Well, that's obvious. "Fefe bi du!" He said this over and over and over and with an excitement that I've rarely seen in him when talking. I think that excitement was all about the amazing feeling of communicating. He was talking to me, and I understood him. And he KNEW it! Man, that's just so freakin' cool. You could tell it was a huge aha moment in his little life.

And so, he says it daily now. "Fefe bi du." He says it with the same excitment and expression that he had on that night as we watched the movie. "Fefe bi du." Amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, that's so sweet, Wendi. I remember when I first recognized what Baby kat was saying. She kept saying, "knee". Well, after several days I realized that she was calling Trent that name. You know, "Nie", from his last name, "BinNie". :) She was so excited when we figured out what she saying.

    ReplyDelete