Wednesday, October 05, 2011

The Little Things - Day 5

The Red Wheelbarrow 
by William Carlos Williams 

so much depends 
upon 

a red wheel 
barrow 

glazed with rain 
water 

beside the white 
chickens. 

It's about the little things,
which are really bigger than we know.




Today. 
Two years ago. 
Daddy died.
I was there.

So much depends on that last breath. 
glazed with tears,
beside the 
promise of God.

So much depends upon
the lives of those left behind,
gathered around the bed
weeping.

So much depends upon
where we will go,
back to our own lives, still weeping, but 
hoping.

So much depends upon hope,
the promise of a room 
promised to 
us.

So much depends upon the promise
that i will one day
have my own room
on a street near Daddy.

I miss you, Daddy.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, sweet girl of mine. I love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete