
Not only did Camden and I get our eyes dilated to the size of Jupiter's moons, but he also got glasses today! They're a gorgeous blue wire that matches his amazing, piercing eyes. Here he is with his pupils fixed and not dilated. Isn't he just the handsomest thing? Well, of course, I'm not talking about the hair. The hair is hopeless. But I still love him.
It's been such a lovely day here, almost fall-like with low humidity (and still, that hair???). I almost went to school this morning to give an entrance test to a new first grader, but she was a no-show. The boys were delighted. Truthfully, it was nice to stay home.

So, we were driving back from the eye doctor, all wide-eyed and dilated, when the sun visor fell off my van! Just fell plumb into my lap, I tell you! Shocking! Of course it happened on this drive when my pupils allowed the maximum UV rays into my eyeballs and my dingdang sunglasses weren't shady enough. I made it home, said a prayer, and disappeared into my darkened room to recover. Naturally, I fell asleep. I had dreams. Dreams of Jupiter.
No comments:
Post a Comment