Then it sat, lit but unadorned. I couldn't imagine buying ornaments for our perfect tree when we were the craftiest class in Connecticut. So I turned to my best teacher friend - Miss Internet and found enough ideas to last a score of Christmases.
Here's what we've done so far:

Baby Jesus in a manger.
We simply hot-glued two popsicle sticks together, hot-glued raffia to that, then glued Baby Jesus (a wooden ice cream spoon) to the "hay". We topped him off with a piece of felt and drew on his face. Don't you love how Benjy gave him freckles? Well, he could have had freckles. Some children gave him a tooth. :)
This bulletin board was a blast to make! I found applications online to apply for Santa's head reindeer position should Rudolph retire. One girl wrote on hers that she has fast and had GPS. I think she may land this gig. Personally, I'd hire this cutie.

I just printed up pictures I had of the kids, cut them out, glued them to green paper, and then let them cut and glue their antlers on. Monday I'll bring in pom poms and they'll glue those on their noses. Some will be red, I'm sure. But Benjy says his will be blue.

Christmas crafting rocks. :) :) :)
I vote for the cutest reindeer ever! That Benjy is such a cutie. Give him and Camden big ole' hugs and kisses from Nana. Love y'all soooooooooooooo much.
ReplyDelete