Friday, December 31, 2010


For last year's words belong to last year's language. And next year's words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning. - T.S. Eliot

2010

Benjy's favorites:
blue and green
pizza
Veggie Tales opening
Tom and Jerry
Sponge Bob and Knuffle Bunny
"Whenever me and Camden builded a big snow pile."
the ice cream truck's Sponge Bob on a stick
Lemonade

Curt's favorites:
green
buffalo wings
Carol of the Bells
Burn Notice
Backyard Homestead
driving MY truck at Hatteras beach
vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup
Diet Coke

Camden's favorites:
blue
Big Macs and fried chicken sandwiches
Sweet Home Alabama
Man Tracker
Wimpy Kid - Ugly Truth
Rushing downstairs on Christmas morning
ice cream
Diet Coke

My favorites:
yellow
fried baloney
You and Me - DMB
Burn Notice
Gone With the Wind
taking Camden and Benjy to Hatteras
Butterfingers
chocolate milk

We'll see what 2011 has for us.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan on my Kindle for Droid. It came in real handy today when I was waiting.
And waiting.
And waiting ...
to learn that I had bronchitis and a sinus infection.

So I'm reading and realizing something. All the time I spend worrying about getting enough sleep, fretting over whether Camden will have clean pants for school, agonizing that I've not made a decent dinner with no preservatives since 1997, freaking out when Curt doesn't answer his cell phone and I'm at the doctor's without my debit card and no way to pay my co-pay (grrrrrrr). Well.
All that won't matter.

See, I wasn't placed here to worry. I wasn't born into this story on earth - which isn't even MY story, my starring role - for any reason except to love God. And Jesus tells me to do it with all my heart, with all my mind, with all my soul. I have no room for worry if I'm doing what Jesus asked me to do.

So, a new year dawns, and naturally I start to think of ways to make it better.
This year I'm going to focus on God. Not me.
I want to love God more.
Love things less.
I want to love him so much that people will notice God shining through me.
And when I screw up, forget, worry, and fret, then I will cling to his mercy and grace, pick myself up, and start anew.
I love you, God!


Phil 1: 9-11 ~ So this is my prayer: that your love will flourish and that you will not only love much but well. Learn to love appropriately. You need to use your head and test your feelings so that your love is sincere and intelligent, not sentimental gush. Live a lover's life, circumspect and exemplary, a life Jesus will be proud of: bountiful in fruits from the soul, making Jesus Christ attractive to all, getting everyone involved in the glory and praise of God.

1 comment: