Thursday, April 09, 2009

Because there's a bit of Wild Thing in all of us.



I'm not sure if I can wait till fall. This has long been one of my favorite children's books of all time. I love it so much I've memorized it.

The night Max wore his wolf suit
and made mischief
of one kind
and another
his mother called him
"Wild Thing!"
And Max said,
"I'LL EAT YOU UP!"
So he was sent to bed
without eating anything.
That very night in Max's room
a forest grew, and grew, and grew
until the ceiling hung with vines
and the walls became the world all around,
and an ocean tumbled by
with a private boat for Max.
And he sailed through night and day
and in and out of weeks
and almost over a year
to the place where the Wild Things are.

3 comments:

  1. This by far is one of my favorite books of all time! Cool soundtrack!

    I might just have to take the day off from work to take the boys to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never read the book. I'm sure someone will now refuse to be my friend.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tami, since you haven't read the book, just call me. I'll recite it to you. But the art is priceless. So I doubt you'll get the full effect. :) I'll try to maintain our friendship, but you're skating close to thin ice here. :)

    ReplyDelete