
I've been thinking about what I want to be when I grow up.
And I've decided to be a drummer.
A really good one who can flip a drumstick in the air and catch it without missing a beat and then go on to do a fantastic drum solo that leaves the audience spell-bound and yelling for more.
For now, though, I'm in the middle of a school year and it's just not convenient to switch jobs.
Which begs the question that I'd like for us to explore today: If you had to pick a new job, what would it be and why would that job work out for you?
Here are my top 5 career choices, assuming the whole drum thing doesn't go as planned, and assuming that I am not a teacher, which I am, but for the blog's sake, let's just pretend.
I could be a: score keeper for taekwondo sparring matches.
Why I'd be good at that: The score keeper holds up fingers or number cards to show the scores that the sparring opponents have earned. As a score keeper, I would just have to watch the judges and see who gets the point or two and then hold the correct number up. I can so do that. My number recognition and identification skills are quite strong. Now, you are possibly thinking, "But Wendi hates sparring. She can't even put her helmet on the right way." And that is slightly true. But as the score keeper, I would not have to know a darn thing about sparring, per se. I would just have to do the math.
I could be a: the prop girl for HGTV
Why I'd be good at that: I love HGTV. And I am really good at sitting down and watching HGTV. I may as well be there and log more activity points by bringing props to the designers. Plus also, I may just get to keep a few of them for myself. Start a little collection of props, you see. I would be very good at that.

I could be a: life guard on a cruise ship
Why I'd be good at that: I've been on two cruises before, and I never got sick. Not once. Well, not seasick. I like the cabins. Even the small ones. And I like the food. I've also been a life guard before and nobody drowned on my watch. Though I did get to yell at dumb twits for running around the pool. Everybody knows you WALK around a pool. Gosh. Idiots. As a cruise ship life guard I would stand at the top of the cool water slide and tell people when it's their turn to go down. I'd get a nice tan, enjoy the breeze while having a bit of shade to protect my delicate skin. If I'm super nice to people, I bet they'd even bring me snacks from the open-all-day-and-all-night snack stands. The best part: I could go down the slide when my shift is up, order a drink from a nice little bartender person, and go to my cabin for a siesta.

I could be a: mystery shopper
Why I'd be good at that: As much as I hate shopping, spending somebody else's money and then rating how I was treated sounds like fun. I would be plenty nice, as is my nature. But if I was treated rudely, then I'd let them know about it. I just don't like rude people and I think we should boot them off the island.

I could be a: storm chaser
Why I'd be good at that: I really love storms. Thunder storms. Snow storms. Hurricanes and tornadoes. Blizzards. Storms are my thing. I'm all about the weather forecast and I could watch the weather channel for DAYS and be content before turning to HGTV. I get so excited when storms are a'brewing. I'd rather chase a tornado than spar. I wouldn't mind getting stuck in a blizzard if I was in my big honking weather RV. And to think that I'd be working in the name of science gives me a charge. No pun intended.


Cool job choices. Can't say I would have thought of any of those. I do have to say that I giggled out loud remembering your tkd helmet on backwards. Sorry:( I don't usually like to make fun of people's mistakes, but I couldn't resist that one ;)
ReplyDeleteHmmmmmm...... and not once was there a reference to being a spy.....
ReplyDeleteOK - I would be:
1. A farmer. Buy 100 acres, have a house in the middle with a small farm. Plants don't talk back - I like that.
2. Own a TKD school. Why? Dunno - but would be cool to say you owned a martial arts school. "Jimmy's School for the Gifted Martial Artists" - I like it! I could teach SB to put her helmet on the right way.
3. An international spy - oh wait - been there, done that - got the t-shirt. Mr. and Mrs. Smith anyone?
4. Stay at Home Dad. I can cook, clean, laundry, garden, mow, paint, drive, organize, take pictures, attend events, etc. etc. "Mr. Mom" anyone?
5. Be a "fix-it" kinda guy. Own an old truck filled with tools and help people fix the small projects that cost too much for a larger contractor to fix.