Wednesday, February 28, 2007


Not sure which this is - Angel Benjy or Benjy.
Lately, Angel Benjy has popped into our lives more and more. Today Benjy said he was on the roof of the van. "Boom Boom Boom," Benjy said. "He's stomping." "Swish," Benjy says. "He's jumping." "Chchchch, he's here!"

Good news for this hump day:
I don't have glaucoma, says the eye doc. I had a follow-up appt from a couple of weeks ago when my eye pressure was a bit elevated. So I had a series of tests today that showed everything to be A-OK. And the greatest thing of all - no dilation!!!!!!

I attended an awesome seminar on Monday and Tuesday on differentiating instruction in the classroom. With so many kids on different levels of instruction, it's hard to justify teaching them all in the same way. And we shouldn't be doing that anyhow. This workshop was led by a dynamic presenter - interesting, relavant, and fun. And the meals were excellent!

Camden brought his reading book home yesterday and read every single story in it. Wow. So awesome to hear him READ.

Our Wednesday night Food for Faith at church began the series Defending Your Faith. This is amazing. It's an honest-to-goodness method for defending Christianity to nonbelievers. Not an in-your-face belittling strategy, but a real way to engage people in discussing what they actually BELIEVE when they challenge our faith. After one night I know that I'd rather avoid all confrontations. But I also know that I can learn to handle opposition to my Christianity. I can defend it. And I owe it to Jesus to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment