Wednesday, June 07, 2006

What We Did Today On Camden's First Day of Summer Vacation!

1. Camden slept in - till 8:45! Benjamin didn't, waking me up at 7:30 - "Momma, get up, get up."
2. We drove to Holcomb's, the teacher store in Monroeville, where I found a book of writing minilessons for my first grade writing workshop. I just cannot wait to watch my students learn to write this school year!
3. Ate at Subway. i successfully kept the boys from the chips. Camden downed his ham and cheese sandwich. Benjy ate the bread from his. Camden got his cookie. I got Benjy's after he fell asleep.
4. We swam in the pool out back. COLD water! Benjamin had a blast sliding into the "little wawa" while Camden jumped and fell into the water from the ladder.
5. I cooked dinner. BIG deal for me to cook dinner. The rice was starchy, nothing a little salt and butta wouldn't fix. But the cod was delicious.
6. Benjy salted his broccoli and - are you ready for this..... - HE ATE IT! Nibbled the little florets right off their miniature tree trunks. That little cutie.
7. Benjy also drank about third of a can of V8 juice today when he saw me drinking mine. :) That's the most veggies he's had in him in MONTHS.
8. Camden fixed himself a bedtime snack of carrots and ranch dressing. He's also making a book about healthy snacks. So cute.
9. I got a bit of sun on my arms and slathered lotion on them after my bath. Uh-oh, I think my sun screen wore off. Gotta keep up with that when we head to the beach!
10. Talked to Jodie tonight. Her dad isn't doing too well. I love you, Jodie Girl. Your dad and you are in my prayers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment