Monday, June 12, 2006

Getting ready to teach and missing Ellie


This layout comes from a picture of a momma cow and her newborn calf. I gave an 8x10 to my best friend, and couldn't resist scanning a copy of it for myself. :)

I took the boys to my classroom today. They played with every movable object in my little first grade room while I cleaned out the file cabinets, ridding them of years worth of ditto sheets. Did you know how much I HATE ditto sheets??? I am so looking forward to teaching at Armbrust this fall. I've been spending several moments searching out the latest research on teaching - not too much has changed in three years. And I've been planning for how my room will look - where the calendar wall will go, where the word wall will be, where we'll do group work and where the kids desks will be grouped. I'm beyond excited. :)

I've missed Ellie today. It's just so strange to wake up and not have her at the foot of my bed. She's not around when I feel like I'm about to trip over her or when I scoot my computer chair back. She doesn't come creeping up on me, given away only by the jangle of her coller. Yes, I miss my Miss Ellie. I know Emma does, too. She stays close, moves softly, hasn't carried on in her usual frisky ways. She's lonely, I'm sure. I worried about her today when the boys and I took off, leaving her on her own in the house.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! Brandee and I talked about Miss Ellie. She says she's thinking about you and to give extra love and pats to Emma. She's such a sweet pup and I'm sure she's lonely. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete