There’s a time to live
And a time to die
There’s a time to laugh
And a time to cry
There’s a time for war
And a time for peace
There’s a hand to hold
In the worst of these
Mom's been gone for more than six months now. And still, all it takes is a snippet of a song, a flash of highway, a chance view of her name on my Favorites list to send me careening back to Nashville to the Cardiac ICU and her bedside.
There’s a time for yes
And a time for no
There’s a time to be angry
And a time to let it go
There is a time to run
And a time to face it
There is love to see you
Through all of this
This morning is was Mandisa on the local Spirit FM.
He is with you in the ICU
When the doctors don’t know what to do
And it scares you to the core
He is with you
This song was hot back in October. I heard it every day on Fish FM, the Nashville Christian radio station. I'd bet that each day, as I anxiously followed my GPS to Vanderbilt University Medical Center and tiredly drove back to the hotel at night, I heard it. I heard it so often that I'd begun to think it was written for me.
We may weep for a time
But joy will come in the morning
The morning light
And this morning, a happen-stance hearing on my 10 minute drive to school, tears threatened to spill. If I'd had a good half hour to cry, I might have let them.
When nothing else is left
And you take your final breath
He is with you
I pulled into the school lot, parked my car - the one Mom had given me a couple of years ago, and said a quick arrow prayer. Father God, thank you. Thank you that Mom is with you. Thank you that you are with me. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment