Thursday, November 28, 2013

Meet Cody

Meet Cody.


He is the latest member to be adopted into our family. 
We are now a unit of six boys and one girl. 
Bless my heart.

Cody is special. He came to us from friends in Connecticut, friends we met and loved through our Calvary Fellowship church family. He's from good stock, even if he is a Yankee.

Cody's family recently learned that their nearly one-year-old baby was allergic to dogs, and so given the choice - the dog or the child - they knew they had to give up their first baby, the dog they adopted as a rescue puppy in need of a loving home. 

We never imagined they'd say OK to our family, what with us living in Virginia, a huge 10 hours away. But they did. And so Curt and the boys left this morning at 3 a.m. and drove 5 hours north to meet Chip, the dad, who drove 5 hours south to say goodbye to his first "son". 

And now Cody lives with us. 


Camden is his master of sorts. He loves this dog. Especially the snuggle time. Cody follows him around the house, sniffing the new scents along the way, a-hem, Ian, the Yankee cat rescued from the alleys of New York City. Ian could dominate all of us in a split second.


Bo, meanwhile, searches for his place in this new pecking order. He is a bit concerned, jealous of the attention to another tail. He follows Cody around, but he also growls at him when he gets too close.

I guess I'd growl, too, if a new girl found her way to our home. I'd growl a-plenty. 

I get it, Bo. I get it. But I also know that one day soon you and Cody will be the best of pals, friends while the rest of us are at work and school and you are left on your own. You two can have parties while we are gone. You can lie around all day without a complaint from a single one of us. You can bark about how weird I am about keeping dirty clothes off the floor. I will never blame you for that. 

Welcome home, Cody. We are so sad you had to leave your first home, but we are blessed to welcome you here to your new one. You are our boy now - Amanda's, Chip's, Christian's, and ours. We promise to love you forever, as if you'd been born here. That's how we roll here down in the south.







No comments:

Post a Comment