Remember that '70s ketchup commercial?
An-ti-ci-pa-a-tion.
It'sssssss making me wait.
And when we finally crossed the dunes, we spied a turtle nesting area. The eggs (or hatchlings maybe even) are behind that black barrier. The Park Service man came to check their progress today, making little marks on his clipboard before driving off again. I was puzzled by his summer uniform. He wore long pants and a helmet as he drove his ATV. Must've been awfully hot for that. I was a little surprised that he had to wear a helmet when he only drove about 15 mph. Rules, I guess. Rules.)
We don't know if there are any turtle babies ready to crawl to their ocean home yet or not. So we walk around the roped off area to find a spot of beach real estate. It's not hard to find a happy place to land around here.
Those crazy seagulls freaked Benjy out! I think it wasn't so much him they were after. It was probably the piece of shrimp we tossed over the deck tonight before dinner.



Cherish there memories, honey. They just go by way too fast. Seems yesterday I was watching for two little blondes on the beach. Give everyone hugs and kisses and enjoy!
ReplyDelete