Thursday, May 17, 2012

Camden, 122, and 12

I love this boy. As well I should; he's mine. Can you tell?

Glasses? 
Blue eyes? 
Blonde hair? (Well, my original hair color was blonde, many years ago.)
Extreme good looks and intelligence??? BAH!

Daggonit, I'm just so in love with him.

Camden took over the camera tonight at the school spring concert. As I uploaded the 122 pictures to iPhoto, I found myself amazed at the shots he captured. 

But the ones that took my breath away were of a special little guy in kindergarten. Camden has a hero-status with this boy, D. 

D adores Camden. He looks up to him. This uber-confident kid breezes into my classroom after school seeking my son's company. Camden takes D outside to play, hangs with him on the playground. He totes his prized Star Wars toys to school for D to play with. He joins him in his mom's kindergarten classroom to mess around with whatever kindergarteners mess around with. C and D are tight, I tell ya. D invited C to his birthday party, a Nerf war Army themed party. C arrived decked to the hilt with Nerf armor. He had as much fun as D and all his 6-year-old friends. C is 12.

So when I uploaded these 122 pictures to my computer, I was overwhelmed by the quality of the handful C had captured of D. Camden, who has seldom held children in high regard. 
Camden, who has the patience of a flea (and me). 
Camden, who is growing up before my very eyes. 

How precious to see this in the photographs my own son snapped tonight as he roamed around the gym during a spring concert.

I do love this boy. I love how he is learning to love others. 
I love how he is growing up right in front of me. 
All 12 years of him.

2 comments:

  1. He is so very much like his Momma. He has a lot of your very best qualities, his compassion, his intelligence and his love of God that has in turn taught him to love others.........just like his Momma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love flows from you to him and into all that he cares about in the world - including his friend D. I love giving a camera to young people - they capture so much that is precious.

    ReplyDelete