One of the things I love about Colbert is the On Notice board.
| The Colbert Report | Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c | |||
| On Notice - How the On Notice Board Is Made | ||||
| ||||
And I figure if he can rant about about what's dead to him, then I can, too. Of course, I don't intend to run for president. And it is my solemn disclaimer that any On Notices I post will not detract in any way from a Stephen Colbert candidacy.
ON NOTICE for me this month are:
snow: There are still patches of it around my house. And the Connecticut River is set to flood with all the snow melt arriving from the north. I was completely enthralled with it during the winter, but now it's spring. As of today. And they're calling for snow tomorrow.
time changes: That whole thing last weekend nearly killed me. First I spent all Sunday on the wrong time. I even ventured to Aldi's and walked toward the entrance and away four times waiting for the doors to open for me. They remained closed. I thought perhaps I was on Candid Camera. I was not. Turns out, it was 6 p.m. and I had 5 on my watch.
cancer: My dad's birthday was on March 5, but those stopped in 2009. Cancer may not be gone, but it's on notice.
Sarah Palin: I know many of you adore her. She is certainly perky and lives in beautiful Alaska, not a stone's throw from Russia. She's quite lovely as carbon goes. But frankly, she annoys me. I can't get past the feeling that she's a fake. I would like to see her pop up on The X-Files one day.
plastic flowers: You can't fake nature. We used to have these neighbors two doors down. Harry and Betty. They were a funny couple. Plastic flowers dotted the front yard. Harry swore that aliens landed in the back yard, so he'd stake it out on days when his neighbor Allie was sunbathing. To this day, that's what I think of when I spy plastic flowers.
rhinitis acuta catarrhalis: Camden has a cold. Benjy seemed to be the first to get it. But Camden came home from a weekend trip to Vermont with it all sneezing and coughing and dripping out of him today. Bad cold.
censorship: I just hate it when somebody decides my children shouldn't read a book and takes it upon himself to ban it. I can decide for myself what is appropriate for my kids. Long live Harry Potter!
I nearly put Charlie Sheen on my On Notice list. But he's such a has-been, that it just seems redundant.
Gratitudes:
171: fat-free Pringles taste just as good as the real thing
172: holding Benjy's hand as we walked to Kohl's and back, to Target and back, to the house and back, to Evan's and back to his bed. I kissed my baby goodnight and tiptoed to my room.
173: miracles ~ an 80-year-old woman and her grandson rescued after 9 days turmoil in Japan
174: Emma, licking the sofa, beside me.
175: freedom to live in America where I can blog as I please, worship God as I do, live as He calls me
176: grace
177: shamrocks opening to the sun
178: shoes sans socks
179: lesson plans done just in the nick of tiime
180: family together, safe and sound
I didn't know that about fat-free Pringles! I'll have to try them sometime. I love the new Artisan Chipotle Tostitoes, though! They aren't fat free, but they're good!
ReplyDeleteI would be against censorship, too, if I didn't know of very young kids reading horrible books promoting all kinds of badness which they checked out of their school library without their parents' knowledge. Sad what kinds of books authors write for kids these days. My hubby, the school Library Media Specialist, does parents a favor when he cleans some of these wastes-of-paper off the library shelves. But I can tell you've struck one of my nerves so I'll stop ranting about that and just conclude by saying I enjoyed your post!
Hey Mandy! Didn't mean to hit a nerve. :) I totally understand - and there is some garbage out there that I don't want Camden and Benjy reading. If only all parents noticed what their kids are reading. The fat-free Pringles are YUMMY!
ReplyDeleteLove your blog Wendi. Must visit more often!
ReplyDelete