Saturday, August 01, 2009



I made this card box - the first of its kind that I have ever seen in this real life, for my friend Holly. It's for her wedding guests to stuff their well-wishes into at the reception. I have never been so happy to burn myself with hot glue; this was beyond fun to create. :)

Aside from that, not much has been happening here. A lot of summer just going to the dogs. Lazy days. Late mornings. Not much to exhaust your thoughts on.

Until....

My sister's best friend lost her baby boy. My heart just breaks for her and her family. I pray every single day, more than once, for her and her husband and daughter. I don't think I can get past this now. Doesn't God want us to embrace her now? To hold on to her as He would, show the mercy He would? Love her with the love only Christ can model? Yes, that's what has consumed me this week. I love this mother who has lost her son. I pray for her peace and comfort. I pray that she will survive the terrible guilt that consumes her thoughts and rise to embrace God's great mercy. Love to you, dear friend. Love to you.

1 comment:

  1. As always, you say it so beautifully. Hopefully, God's love and the love of friends and family will get her and her family through. It's just too sad for words.

    ReplyDelete