Sunday, December 07, 2008

Thanks to Kenner Road, I'm up to my knees in glitter. Pink glitter. Hot pink happy glitter. I'm typically not a glitter gal, especially when mixed with a class full of first graders. But when it's just me and my stash of too much stuff, it's another thing altogether. Here's what I created today. Note, you won't see my mess. Just glitter. And not the glitter on the soles of my feet.



Don't you think the camels could have used some glitter in their dromedary lives?

These were made with an old roll of player piano paper. I love how it curls just right for the tree branches.


I feel sure somewhere in the desert where camels live, there should be Christmas trees with pink snow-tipped branches.


This little door hanger number is a favorite, too. I love how the white bell jingles.


Thanks Kenner Road for these fabulous Christmasy projects. My camels and I adore them.

Curt's sister, Tam, has been visiting with us. We've started calling her Mary. Mary Poppins. She pulls stuff out of her suitcase that couldn't possibly have fit in there when she left Raleigh. And yet the goodies keep coming. 

Aunt Mary Tam has educated the boys on the merits of St. Nicholas. (You know it was his birthday yesterday. WE celebrated. Did YOU?) 

She's taught them how to play the dreidle game. Hey, Jesus was the greatest Jew, after all. 

Aunt Tam and the boys have adorned this house with window clings and table decorations and Christmas tree ornaments and icing and candy coins. 

Here's the St. Nicholas Day table we ate at last night. You can't see it well, but there are tiny little animals by each plate. Camden had all elephants at his place. While we grown-ups ate turkey dumplings (yum) and shrimp, the boys ate bagle bite mini pizzas. How perfect is that?


And check out these mini "yule logs". They're HO HOs!!!!!!! Did you know that these are my all time favorite snack cake in the entire world???  The kids and Aunty Tam Poppins iced them up real special. I ate three of theses babies. And I want MORE! M-O-R-E!!!!!!!


Here are Camden and his aunt doing some St. Nicholas Day activities together. Well, they might be distracted by TV. Because we're not perfect. Are YOU???


Here's Mary and I having a little vino before sitting down to dinner. I'm not pregnant. I promise. But this is the favorite sweatshirt that I wore when Baby Benjy was swimming in my tum.


Here is the motley crew playing The Castle Game. I'm not sure of its real title. It involved a dragon who was forced by an evil sorcerer to be mean to the good people of the castle land. Then the peasants helped the dragon and he turned good again and saved the day. I think that's the gist of it. At any rate, they all had fun. And I played with glitter the entire time.

3 comments: