So, as in past years, we created our opening page, a manifesto of sorts, to start us off and get our minds focused on Christmas and how we can take some time each day to document the times. Here's my journal for this year and my opening page.
It's really more of a scrapbook for me, since I'm a crafty type. But it could be anything depending on your preference. Some do digital scrapbooking, others just blogging. Others keep a journal with no pictures, and others focus primarily on the photos. I love the freedom I have to make the entries in my style and still be challenged to step out of my box a bit. Even in this third year. This book will take me through the 12 days of Christmas on Jan. 6.
And over at Kenner Road, another kit club I ♥ ....
They're having a 2-week freebie class for kit subscribers. I know. It's an addiction. I can't help it. Just ask ES.
So today we made this dandy little wreath. Although the one they posted was far superior in craftsmanship.
This little ornament I stuck on it was given to me in 5th grade by Jackie Syphers. The year was 1978, so I consider this a bit on the vintage side.
Here's my take on the title. I changed it from a frenchy title because I, frankly, don't like french. It sounds so dirty. You know, that grrrrrrrrrr sound isn't on the top of my sound bites. :) :) :) And the little Santa in the silver thingie: those are leftovers from Jenni Bowlin kits. The silver thing is actually an old milk bottle cap. Yeah. They made those before plastic.
Here's hoping I can got 2 projects completed tomorrow.....
Oh yeah, here's to you and your toe, Princess!
For a good time, go here.
And for your viewing pleasure,


Love ya, sistah!
True dat!
That's a great title page! I have some of those Jenni Bowlin calendar pages, too--maybe I'll pull out the December one!
ReplyDeleteThe wreath looks really nice, too! But I don't want 1978 to be "vintage!"
I love your pages! Most def breaking out the Jenni Bowlin calendar page, what a nifty idea.
ReplyDeleteThe wreath is also uber cool!
the wreath looks fab!
ReplyDeletexo
My boot thingy looks just like that! My toe, however, is not nearly as funky - thank the Lord! Love you too :)
ReplyDeleteAnd.... you are one of the most crafty (in a good way), creative people I have ever met! True dat!