Monday, June 23, 2008


That's me! Could you tell? Only I'm a yellow belt now. I'm so happy that Camden and Eaglescout signed me up for Taekwondo. I love it so much I joined the leadership/instructor training program - hence the fancy uniform with my name on the back so that people know who it is that's totally messing up her form in public. Of course, I don't wear this to the grocery store. That'd just be wrong. The new uniform also boasts a red collar. Before, I threatened to take a Sharpie to my old uniform and scribble my name on the back and then iron on a red ribbon around the collar. Now I don't have to. Along with the uniform comes learning how to instruct the other classes. Assisting the Tiny Tigers class is my favorite. Those little Tigers are so darn cute! And even though most of them out rank me in color belt, I am taller than they are. 


And speaking of Taekwondo, Camden tested for his rank stripe on his brown belt last week. Check him out here.





He totally knew his form, but since he was doing make-up testing at the studio and facing the judges, not the mirrors, he got a bit confused and wound up facing the wrong direction. Still, he passed. :) Next comes his red belt and a host of mid-term testings before the big kahuna - the BLACK belt!


While reading my favorite blogs this morning, I came across this post from Jennifer. She has four boys. That's two more than I have. Can you imagine? Well, her brilliant boys decided to make up a holiday. See, Mr. Hallmark isn't the only one who can do that. They deemed June 19 Brothers Day. So, I'm gonna run this by my own personal wild things and see if they want to celebrate Brothers Day on June 24. That's tomorrow. We can make a cake and play in the pool and maybe go to the park and eat whatever they want for dinner and write in run-on sentences all day long if we want to. And since it's brother's day, I won't have to fuss at them for making messes and being too loud until June 25, when it will not be Brothers Day anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment