Sunday, June 22, 2008

Growing up, I always hated yard work. It's hard, ya know? 
It makes me sweat. And that's just gross. 
But lookie what I accomplished today, 
sweating, working, bent over, lifting, shoveling, raking...

A bit of mulch around the mailbox to cover the dead spot. Another black-eyed susan would top it off, don't ya think?

You can't see it well, but I covered the other dead spot around the lavender with mulch. Looks so much better.

And I mulched around the plants in this bed. It needs edging, but already it looks better than before. I can't wait for the rose bush, bleeding heart, black-eyed susans, and some other yellow flowering perennial spread out some and fill in this space more.

And this lovely spot is where I planted grass seed and fertilized it before watering the heck out of it. Not that I needed to. It's pouring the rain now. Pleeeeeease don't wash away my seeds!!!

And this is the first daisy of the season growing in the garden in front of the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment