Tuesday, January 01, 2008


Happy New Year!
Here's #1 in what I hope will be 366 days of photos for this year. (Hey, it's a leap year, ya know?) I love this pic because my favorite candle in the entire world is here - a Candleberry Candle Co. candle bought in Virginia during the Thanksgiving holiday. This scent is praline dreams. And it's really dreamy. Plus, the shot of my Mary Engelbreit Home Companion magazine really energizes me. I want this year to be about creating. Creating art. Creating inspiration for my family and my students. Creating spiritual connectedness for me with God. Creating. Creativity. For ME. For my family. 
This brings me to my word for the year.
Energy.
That's it.
Energy.
Spiritual.
Physical.
Mental.
Energy.
I'll need plenty of it to keep up the artiness I've had going on for the past week or so. I have risen each morning completely energized with a sense or art. Art with a lower-case a, mind you. I just can't wait to sit down and create. I visit Claudine's blog every single day for inspiration. And then I do my art journal entry from Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas class. Then I just surf for inspiration. And I create. That energy is just amazing. I pray that I can sustain it during the school year when I have to rise before the sun and begin a day with first graders and papers and books and noise.
Energy.
Yes.
I think it's a fine word for 2008.

We actually went out for New Year's Eve last night. Yes, really.
We went to the Kuhns where we met up with the Pouliches and the Urams. What fun. We mostly hung around Staci's kitchen where the food was, eating her chicken salad and countless other dishes. We tried dancing with the dancing machine thing that hooks up to the TV, but apparently we're too old to figure that out. And we watched the kids - 7 of them - run around the house with empty water guns and Star Wars light sabers and Barbie dolls and happy screams. It was a good ending to 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment