Friday, June 15, 2007





At this time Sunday night I'll be on my all-girls vacation in Holden Beach.
Ahhhhh.
Poetry.






































I'll take lots of pictures
of my friends that I've
missed
terribly
since we moved from
Virginia in 2003.
I'll take a shot of my newly
manicured toes on the
sandy beach.
I'll sleep in and go to
bed when I
please.
I'll eat
fried balogna sandwiches on
WHITE bread.
With lots of
pepper and
tomatoes from farmer stands on the
side of the road.
I'll finish reading the first book in
The Yada Yada Prayer Book series.
I'll start the new book
A Thousand Splendid Suns.
I hope I finish it in
3 days.
I'll pump my tunes through my
iPod.
I'll take
outdoor showers.
I'll promise not to
double dip
Evelyn's salsa.
And I won't.
I'll use
sunscreen, buy
T-shirts, swim in the
surf, learn a new
song, do a
load of laundry
(because I just can't stand
dirty clothes).
I'll laugh till I hurts.
I'll eat hushpuppies
dripping with grease.
I'll thank God for the
blessing
of
friends.
And I'll miss my
boys.
But I'll buy them each a
cool
T
shirt.

1 comment: