Sunday, September 07, 2014



22 years ago I was a 23-year-old PMSing dreamer marrying my OneAndOnly. It was, except for the drippy hotness of a typical late summer afternoon, a perfect day for a wedding.(My only regret is that I didn't bring Ellie Dog - the perfect black lab mutt - to the celebration.)

Daddy was there, guiding me by the arm. "Do you know Curt is wearing, um, cowboy boots? You can back out now if you want to." 

Mom was there. "I'm so sorry. I thought I knew where the cake topper was!" The cake topper she used in her wedding was missing. We split-second subbed some daisies in its place.  

Michelle was there. All happy and in her element with her then-Secret Service Agent boyfriend. Oh yeah, we had security detail at our wedding. 

Both grandmothers were there. Simply beautiful in their experience and love.

Today we are 45 years old. 

And we are still married.

That's 22 years, for those who are counting. 

We have made it this far, thanks to God's patient guidance and blessing.

By today's standards, we've made it. 

By my standards, we're only part-way there.

We have a lifetime left. I can't wait to get started.  




No comments:

Post a Comment