1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." (NIV)
I suppose I could think of our little situation here in Casa de Tiny as a holding pattern, a circumstance to get through if you will. Something to endure till a bigger house, a better tax rate, a finer view comes our way. But I don't.
That's not to say that a couple of years ago, if I'd heard the Lord ask me to sell my beautiful house and hole up in a rental half the size for an indefinite amount of time, I'da not up and acted like I didn't hear a thing. "What's that? Oh, must've been the wind. Or Camden."
But last spring when Curt and I both heard His calling, we knew. At first it seemed like God was saying, (in a voice remarkably like Dave Ramsey) "DOWNSIZE". And so we were fully prepared to buy a smaller (not teeny tiny) house and DOWNSIZE. But then as we got closer to the reality of selling, we heard Him again.
"No need to buy, my children. Hang on.
I've got ya. Wait till you see what I've got planned for you."
So we rent knowing that when God says, "Go home" we will be ready to pack up and head south to our families. We're still praying that Sun Stand Still prayer that our journey will take us to Virginia. And we feel that God's preparing us to do just that.
But until that day comes, we will live out loud right here in the center of our town. We will go about our business with God's blessing. Believing that every single person we meet, work with, and bump up against was put in our path by Him. Doing what we can while we can right here in the mission fields of Connecticut. It's not lost on us that God brought us here to one of the most spiritually deprived places in the world (yes, the world) to draw us closer to Him through our church, our work, our very living here. And for that, we'll always have a soft spot for Windsor, Connecticut.
(((prayer))) a prayer hug <3
ReplyDelete