Sunday, August 19, 2012
That's my theme song right now. The school comes along just to end it part.
My 104 days are nearly up.
No more reading till midnight and sleeping till 9.
No more pinning pretty pictures on Pinterest as I sip coffee on the deck.
No more reading in the sunshine.
No more jumping into the redneck pool to cool off when the sunshine becomes too much.
No more.
No more.
No more.
Wednesday is my first official day back to school, teacher days packed with meetings and workshops and CPR and decorating bulletin boards. They're a nice segue into the school year, a tiny wake-up-call before I really have to drag myself up at the crack of dawn and be ON for the next 15 hours.
My body is fighting the early hours, but my brain can't let it go. I showed up at school three days last week to set up Room 3. I heaved and hauled and hanged and stapled. I chatted and mingled and helped and stared. It's practically done. All I need are some kids and maybe a new pair of sensible shoes. Well, some lesson plans would be nice.
Truth is, I can't wait for school. I need the routine for my slothy self. I need it for my family. I need something to count on in this time of upheaval. (Upheaval: the time when you're selling your home, moving into a rental, and pretending like everything's the same.) I need some things to just be the same every single day. Even if that means I have to schedule going to the bathroom.
My 104 days are most assuredly running out. But my brain is already on fire for the next 360.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment