Friday nights used to mean small group Bible study.
Then for a brief respite, it meant Chinese delivery and TV reruns.
Last night it was a karate tournament.
The boys and I were thankful spectators. Curt was a competitor who took 3rd in sparring.
Today he has legs the size of tree trunks to prove it.
The sparring is really play-fighting. You aren't allowed to make contact with your kicks and punches, but when you block a hit, you likely will feel it. There was a lot of feeling going on last night.
But the main idea of this posting is that our school beat another school to bring home the "Buddha". I put it in quotations not to be mindless, but to show that I recognize that this piece of sculpture is not an honest-to-goodness Buddha. It's more like a Confucius. But, as I was told by an instructor at the tournament, who will not be identified on this blog, "Battle for the Confucius just doesn't sound as good." She's so right. Battle for the Buddha clicks. Fight for Confucius is not clicky in the slightest.
Now that Windsor has the Buddha that is not a Buddha, I figure we'll be all smiley as we spar one another in class. We'll go nuts about our victory until, oh, say, Christmastime. Then we'll forget about the skinny Buddha until it's time to consider entering next summer's tournament. At that time we'll go all hog-wild about defending the Buddha, and in one year I'll be posting some other ludicrous blog entry about my husband's tree-trunk legs and the bruises and our overall pride that our school owns this fine piece of art for 365 days.
Long live wimpy Buddhas.

I agree - it does "click" better. Sounds like a wonderful way for your family to spend time, work and play together.
ReplyDelete