Saturday, June 25, 2011

See these monkeys? They totally got married on our field trip to the zoo before summer vacation. This reminds me of a story. Remember when my 2nd graders were trapped indoors for recess over a long New England winter?

After a long New England winter of indoor recess, a few of my kids began to play this make-believe soap opera (for lack of a better term). There was a husband, a wife, and a slew of naughty children. There was also a wizard. He struck one of the children with his magic wand and turned her into a cat. The next day, as I was working at my desk, the soap opera continued around me. I heard strange noises that sounded like a sick, deranged animal. Turns out, the cat child was having kittens in the corner. From that day on, the naughty children were kittens and the husband/wife team took them for walks using the chain links from the math tubs.


Benjy was not a kitten nor a cat. He was not even the wizard. He was just Benjy. May he always just be Benjy. And plus also, too, how will I teach without him next year? I had to promote him to 3rd grade. He's smart and all that. But, what about ME??????????

Here's my latest obsession. I. Must. Get. Myself. An. Alpaca.

I leave you with this. Proof that inanimate objects can breed.

1 comment:

  1. haha your blog makes me chuckle. thanks for those nice words, you are so sweet!!! =)
    mrs tabb

    ReplyDelete