Each night the boys choose one package to open and we read it together. Some books are oldies we have treasured for years - The Polar Express, The Grinch, The Shining. (Um, kidding about that last one. I'd never read that to myself, much less to my offspring.) Some reads are new, like the Phineas and Ferb Christmas book I found at my heaven-on-earth superstore, Barnes and Noble. Junie B. Jones First Grader - Jingle Bells, Batman Smells, P.S. So Does May
So this little countdown to Christmas has gone swimmingly, I must say. Don't you love that word? Swimmingly? It means nothing about floating in a pool of water in this context. But it sounds just swimmingly in a sentence.
Which brings us to my next topic.
Check out these veggies. They are fixing to swim with some other stuff in a casserole of Pioneer Woman proportions. The M&Ms did not make the Olympic team and, therefore, didn't swim with us.It was whole when I dumped it in a pot of boiling water and let it cook and cook and cook and smell up my kitchen with its chickenness. Might have been that bag of innards that I forgot to remove that smelled the most....
But, it turned out worth the trouble. Even if I had to pick it apart with my bare hands which clearly weren't meant for such labor.
Still, I persevered. And I must say that after my little bits of chicken went swimming with the veggies and the spaghetti 3 cups of sharp cheddar cheese and this and that and the other, it turned out pretty daggone tasty.
Also for your viewing pleasure, one of my favorite pictures of Mom and Dad, snapped at Mom's surprise birthday party a few years ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment