
I finished Twilight in less than 24 hours. Actually, to be precise, which is important for some, but not to me, I started the novel at 8 last night after TKD, went to bed around 2 a.m., and woke up, made sure the boys were alive, fed them breakfast, made a fresh pot of coffee, and resumed reading from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. I think I peed once. I breathed when I was finished.
Then I called Princess, who loaned me the book from State Champ, who apparently has a thing about how her books are laid down when not being read. Even though she told me herself that she likes to crack spines and dog ear pages herself. I'm just sayin'.
So, I talked to Princess' maid, eh, machine, and told her,
"WOWIE WOW WOW!
IJUSTFINISHEDTWILIGHT
ANDICANNOTBELIEVE
HOWMUCHIWANTEDHIMTO
BITEHER!!!!!!!!!
Or some such blathering.
Princess returned my call today, leaving a cheeky message on my machine. "So, would you be a vampire?" Or some such ramblings.
Ummmmm.
YES!
But, only on the conditions that I am Bella. And Edward Cullen is Edward Cullen. And we live in Forks, Washington, where it rains and rains and rains. Hey, I like rain. I've never been overly fond of the sunshine. Other conditions apply: I will be eternally just exactly like Bella and Edward in Twilight, with no hints of trouble and no age lines or cellulite or high school angst. Hey, if he sat by me in Latin, well, ego amo te.
Now, snapping back to reality. Yes, I know it's a novel. So was The DaVinci Code, but I was awed by that one, too. Nevertheless, novels aren't real. They're called fiction for a reason. Twilight started from a dream on the author's part that she had to write down. And then it took over, practically writing itself as the characters shaped their futures. Daggonit, why don't my dreams ever turn out like that???
But, now that summer vacation is here, I'm all about getting lost in some escapist fiction. Hey, is that blood on my neck?
Wendi- only 3 more novels to go!!!!! The addiction will not stop as you just can't get enough of the Twiglight series. Edward is my love--I am lucky enough to have a husband so close to perfect as Edward! However, a girl can dream and as you read through each book you will totally lose yourself!
ReplyDeleteMany hugs to you and all your boys! Tara