Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Have you ever read this book - Big Stone Gap. It's one of my favorites, most probably because it's set in a small town just a short drive down the valley (past the state prison) from my hometown. Well, talking to Dad tonight, I learned that a tornado hit this small southwest Virginia town, creating a 300 yard-wide path of destruction a mile long. I googled it and found this set of photos on Flickr.com. Wow, powerful stuff. More telling than the news channels I found online. Please keep Big Stone Gap in your prayers.



And check this out: I couldn't afford the matching king-size pillow shams to go with my new duvet cover. Sooooooooo I ordered a sheet instead, paired it up with this gorgeously rich and heavenly silk fabric I got super duper cheap at at JoAnn's, and, voila, I made my own! I'm so darned proud of me. :)And I think you should be, too. (Mostly because I just did it. I mean, I didn't put this off. I went to my sewing machine and did it. Right on the spot. Woohoooo!

And finally, happy birthday, Dad! I know this is the best one you've probably ever had, even if you didn't get a new Red Rider BB gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment